After accepting your student loan with the Financial Aid for the first time you will need to complete the Master Promissory Note. You can complete an electronic application online.  PLUS loan recipients will also apply for their loan at the above website.

The loan funds are then sent to Research College of Nursing where they will be applied to any outstanding balance that you have.  If you wish to cancel your loans at any time, please contact the aid office.

If you are a returning student and have been a borrower previously you will not need to complete a MPN; you will only need to sign and return a new award letter to apply for all subsequent loans as long as you stay at Research College of Nursing.

In light of recent news about the student lending market, Research College of Nursing has developed a Financial Aid Code of Conduct.  We are committed to helping our students obtain financial assistance in a manner that reflects our mission and our dedication to our students.

Alternative or Private Loans

Sometimes federal student and parent loans are not enough to cover all educational expenses. For this reason, students may consider applying for a private, alternative loan, that may be used as a supplemental resource for paying college costs. Alternative Loans are unlike Stafford or PLUS loans, for they require a separate application, a credit check, and may require a co-signor if you have less than two years of good credit history. Apply online to find out instantly whether you are eligible or if you need a co-signor. The application for the Sallie Mae alternative loan can be found on their website.

Student Loan Counseling

New borrowers  (never borrowed a Stafford student loan before) at Research College of Nursing students must complete Student Loan Entrance Counseling before you are considered for student loans. You must complete the online Entrance Counseling as a Student Borrower. After you complete Loan Counseling, we will receive confirmation via e-mail.

If you are graduating from Research College of Nursing with student loan debt, you need to complete Student Loan Exit Counseling. (Use the link above).