91% RCoN Pass Rate for AANP Certification
$100k Average Annual NP Salary according to BLS
97% RCoN Alumni Employed in Degree Field
13:1 Student-Faculty Ratio
Adult-Gerontological Nurse Practitioner (AGNP)
Earn Your Master of Science in Nursing
There’s a growing demand for advanced practice nurses to serve the nation’s broad aging population. Become the best partner in health for your patients as an AGNP.
Our AGNP track prepares nurses to provide patient-centered, quality care to individuals age 13 and up. The AGNP role includes preventative healthcare, as well as assessment, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic conditions. As an AGNP you will apply evidence in practice designed to improve quality of care and health outcomes.
- Part-time enrollment; 26 credit hours are available fully online
- Total program is 46 credit hours, including 660 clinical practicum hours
- Graduates will be eligible for certification through recognized national certifying bodies
- Total program takes 2.5 to 3.5 years to complete
HCA employees eligible for tuition discount.
Post Master’s certificate for those with a previous MSN degree.
RN-MSN Entry Point (admission suspended)
- ADN and diploma prepared nurses complete 14 credit hours of pre-MSN coursework online
- Remaining 20 hours are hybrid online + on-ground sessions
Research College of Nursing currently accepts MSN students living in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
Note: Nurse Practitioner clinical must occur in the greater Kansas City area.
What You Will Gain
As a graduate NP student at Research College of Nursing you’ll gain:
- A school uniquely created for nursing leadership
- Access to network within the top healthcare system – HCA Healthcare
- Convenient hybrid learning online and on-ground
- Opportunities to make an impact through community-based leadership activities
Equip yourself with the latest education and tools to lead effectively within a complex health care environment. RCoN students are challenged to become heroic leaders who demonstrate a commitment to innovation and excellence.
At this time Research College of Nursing has suspended admission for the AGNP track with closure planned for December 2022. As we update our program offerings, please do not hesitate to contact admissions for the latest information and assistance toward achieving your educational goals.