91% RCoN Pass Rate for AANP Certification
$100k Average Annual NP Salary according to BLS
97% RCoN Alumni Employed in Degree Field
13:1 Student-Faculty Ratio
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
Earn Your Master of Science in Nursing
Are you ready to become a leader in patient-centered, comprehensive health care? Research College of Nursing offers two Nurse Practitioner tracks with an RN-MSN entry point option: AGNP and FNP.
Our FNP track prepares nurses to provide primary care for individuals and families across the lifespan. The FNP role includes preventative health care, as well as the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illness for individuals and families. FNPs demonstrate a commitment to family-centered care and understand the relevance of the family’s identified community in the delivery of care.
- Part-time enrollment; 26 credit hours are available fully online
- Total program is 46 credit hours, including 660 clinical practicum hours
- Graduates will be eligible for certification through recognized national certifying bodies
- Total program takes 2.5 to 3.5 years to complete
HCA employees eligible for tuition discount.
Post Master’s certificate for those with a previous MSN degree.
RN-MSN Entry Point (admission suspended)
- ADN and diploma prepared nurses complete 14 credit hours of pre-MSN coursework online
- Remaining 20 hours are hybrid online + on-ground sessions
Research College of Nursing currently accepts MSN students living in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
Note: Nurse Practitioner clinical must occur in the greater Kansas City area.
"Looking back on it today, I’m so thankful. The experience you get at Research College of Nursing is so well rounded. You are exposed to different aspects of health and wellness. They help you every step of the way and can tailor it to what you are going through in life. It is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made." Liz Graham, BSN ’10 & FNP ‘18
What You Will Gain
As a graduate NP student at Research College of Nursing you’ll gain:
- A school uniquely created for nursing leadership
- Access to network within the top healthcare system – HCA Healthcare
- Convenient hybrid learning online and on-ground
- Opportunities to make an impact through community-based leadership activities
Equip yourself with the latest education and tools to lead effectively within a complex health care environment. RCoN students are challenged to become heroic leaders who demonstrate a commitment to innovation and excellence.
If you’re ready to join us in transforming health care, begin your application or contact admissions today.