Save the date to join us June 20-23, 2022
For more than 30 years, Research College of Nursing has offered the Nursing Experience to high school students, and we are thrilled to continue this popular program. Our four-day, non-residential camp is designed for rising high school juniors and seniors who are interested in pursuing a health care career. As in previous years, space is limited and our day camp is expected to fill up quickly.
Students can expect to:
Join us for an exciting day where you will gain valuable skills to use in your academic and professional career. From vitals and injections to exploring nursing career options, our popular enrichment program will take you beyond the classroom into an immersive day in the life of a professional nurse. Below you’ll find a brief snapshot of the schedule.
- Registration & Welcome (parents meeting)
- Simulation Experience
- Careers in Nursing
- And Much More!
Accommodation and Facilities
Participants will be matched with a counselor who is a current Research College of Nursing student. Educational instruction takes place on-campus at Research College of Nursing.
Scholarships are available through The Research Foundation, thanks to a grant from the R.A. Long Foundation. Scholarship details will be sent to admitted students directly by The Research Foundation.
Eligibility: Participants must be high school students entering their junior or senior year in the fall of 2022 to apply for Explore RCoN 2022.
Applications will be open on this site starting March 7, 2022 through April 4, 2022. Questions? Please email RCoN Info.
What Former Campers Are Saying
- A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Something I will never forget!
- Do it because it was so much fun and very helpful. 100% worth it.
- It was an amazing opportunity to meet people with your interests, and to get a sense of what nursing school, and a nursing career would be like.
- It was a great experience! One of the best summer camps I have ever been to.
- All of the people (and leaders) are amazing and funny and nicest on earth and make you feel welcome