June 6 & 7, 2019
For more than 30 years, Research College of Nursing has offered the Nursing Experience to high school students, and we are thrilled to continue this popular program. Our two-day, non-residential camp is designed for rising high school juniors and seniors who are interested in pursuing a health care career. As in previous years, space is limited and our day camp is expected to fill up quickly.
Students can expect to:
Explore the Field of Nursing
Shadow Professional Nurses
Make New Friends
Get Hands-On Nursing Experience
Day Camp Schedule
Join us for an exciting two-day, day camp where you will gain valuable skills to use in your academic and professional career. From vitals and injections to exploring nursing career options, our popular enrichment program will take you beyond the classroom into an immersive day in the life of a professional nurse. Below you’ll find a brief snapshot of the camp schedule.
Thursday, June 6, 2019
- Registration & Welcome (parents meeting)
- Simulation Experience
- Careers in Nursing
- And Much More!
Friday, June 7, 2019
- Observation at Research Medical Center
Accommodation and Facilities
Participants will be matched with a counselor who is a current Research College of Nursing student. Educational instruction takes place on-campus at Research College of Nursing.
Registration fee is $100 per student, which is due after student is admitted to camp. This fee includes meals, recreational activities, instructional materials and equipment for you to keep.
Camp scholarships are available through The Research Foundation. Thanks to a grant from the R.A. Long Foundation.
For more information or to apply for a scholarship, visit The Research Foundation, and click on “Programs” and then “Scholarships.” Select “Summer High School Nursing Experience Scholarships.”
- Deadline to apply is May 1, 2019.
- Applicants must also submit a one paragraph essay to the following prompt: “How has health care inspired you? Describe how you have developed this interest inside or outside the classroom.”
- Application must include high school transcript
- Acceptance is based on academic performance and completion of science and math courses.
- Admissions decisions will begin in April.
What Former Campers Are Saying
- A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Something I will never forget!
- Do it because it was so much fun and very helpful. 100% worth it.
- It was an amazing opportunity to meet people with your interests, and to get a sense of what nursing school, and a nursing career would be like.
- It was a great experience! One of the best summer camps I have ever been to.
- All of the people (and leaders) are amazing and funny and nicest on earth and make you feel welcome