Undergraduate student learning outcomes
- Students will provide safe, quality care across the lifespan and in the continuum of healthcare environments.
- Students will demonstrate professional nursing values and standards.
- Students will integrate leadership concepts into clinical practice.
Graduate student learning outcomes
The RCoN graduate will:
- Apply frameworks to advance the scholarship of practice and enhance the provision of healthcare:
- Theory/scientific findings
- Policy and finance
- Principles of clinical prevention and population health
- Utilize improvement science and evidence-based practice across various settings.
- Demonstrate interprofessional collaboration in advanced nursing roles.
- Integrate organizational and systems leadership in the provision of healthcare.
Completion of the BSN program does not guarantee eligibility to take the licensure examination. Rather, completion of the program guarantees eligibility to apply to take the licensure examination. A complete copy of the State of Missouri Nursing Practice Act (PDF) can be obtained from the Missouri State Board of Nursing. See sections 335.046.1 and 335.066 for standards to apply for licensure.
NP graduates earning the MSN and obtaining national certification are eligible to apply for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) recognition in Missouri and licensure in Kansas. Graduates who wish to apply for recognition in other states should contact those state’s board of nursing.
Advanced practice certification
Graduates earning the MSN degree in the NP track and recipients of the Post Graduate FNP Certificate are eligible to apply to take the Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam through a nationally recognized credentialing organization.
While Research College of Nursing does prepare students for a role in nursing, the college does not guarantee employment in the graduate’s selected area. No formal career services are available at Research College of Nursing, but the faculty and staff provide support in the areas of resume-writing, interview preparation, and employer recruitment activities.