Students at Research College of Nursing are required to carry health insurance. The college has negotiated an affordable and comprehensive healthcare plan for our students and their dependents through Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Kansas City.
Students with comparable health insurance coverage are able to waive this plan during the designated waiver period each year. Those who do not opt-out by completing the online waiver will be automatically enrolled in the plan and billed the semester premium to your student account.
*All students must enroll or waive by August 31, 2021
The website will open on July 19th, 2021 for students to register or opt-out of insurance coverage. No refunds will be permitted after the August 31st deadline.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield student health insurance coverage
|Coverage Term||Coverage Dates|
|2021-2022 Plan Year||August 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022|
|Fall 2021||August 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021|
|Spring/Summer 2022||January 1, 2021 – July 31, 2022|
|Preferred Care Blue PPO Plan Rates (cost per-month)|
|Employee and Spouse||$645.52|
|Employee and Child(ren)||$584.00|
- Please visit the following link to complete your student health insurance waiver
- You will need student name and date of birth to get into web areas
- Current insurance card is required
- Waiving the insurance for the spring semester will also waive for the summer. You will need to opt out again for the fall semester.
- A successful waiver will generate a confirmation email that you should keep for verification purposes.
- Waiver deadlines
Semester Waiver Deadline Date 2021-2022 Plan Year August 31, 2021 Fall 2021 August 31, 2021 Spring/Summer 2022 January 31, 2022
Healthcare member portal access
Please visit My Blue KC for extensive, local network access to providers, pharmacies, and facilities through the Preferred Care Blue Network.